Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Auto Stick

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Jo H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Stick

First off - thanks for the response in regard to my issue of AWD disengaging. I have a new issue now. 2015 Dodge Charger AWD SXT with manual shift capability. Don't really have the need to manually shift the car, but had to drive in snow. Wanted to use the manual shift feature. While I have no problem downshifting - I am unable to upshift, even when the engine is revving at high rpms. I can tap the shift lever to downshift, but am unable to make the shift lever move to upshift. I tap the shift lever forward to downshift, but the lever will not move backward in order to upshift. Am I missing something here? (or do I have a transmission issue?) Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:54 AM
jfrid22

Dodge Chargers sometimes have problems with the Auto Stick sending data to the PCM and the transmission can get messed up. I suggest not using the Auto Stick unless you really need to.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:06 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So you buy a vehicle with an option that you pay for and aren't supposed to use it? I would take it back to the dealership and tell them to fix it.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:14 AM
jfrid22

PCMs apparently are a big issue on Dodge Chargers because they control a lot more stuff than other car PCMs so they burn out a lot quicker. I've had to replace 6 PCMs on 6 different chargers and all of them were different years and models. I've noticed most of the time when your PCM starts to go out the first symptom will be trouble with your transmission when shifting gears with the Auto Stick.

Are you getting any codes from the engine when it doesn't upshift?

Quick Reply: Auto Stick