Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2013 Pursuit 5.7 cylinder 3 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 09:37 PM
VIIISecondRide
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Pursuit 5.7 cylinder 3 misfire

I'm sure it's been discussed to death, but I'm new to dodge and didn't see any sticky posts.I have a 2013 Pursuit, 133xxx miles, 5.7, automatic. It will ding at me and the cel will flash, if I drive easy, it will ding again in a few seconds, maybe a minute, then the light goes out. If I romp on it the light will come on and stay on. When the light is on the car will run rough. If I stop and turn the engine off and back on it will smooth out. If I erase the code it will smooth out. There is no "tick", just the sewing machine type noise at idle that sounds like injector noise.I have replaced the plugs and coil on 3, swapped injectors between 3 and 1, ran some Seafoam through the i take ( had a disappointing amount of smoke lol like it was clean), and added some Rislone to the oil.There seems to be no change from all these "easy" fixes. Sitting in a drive thru yesterday I think I heard a little tick come and go echoing off the brick wall, nothing steady.Would the beginning of a bad lifter kick on the light? Will the cam be salvageable at this point if I throw lifters at it? Should I drive it until it fails? I deal with diesels and this little engine has me buffaloed! Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2013 Pursuit 5.7 cylinder 3 misfire