Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger and Challenger are killing the Mustang in sales

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022 | 01:32 PM
ThisIsChallenging
|
Amateur
Talking Charger and Challenger are killing the Mustang in sales

Is anyone surprised? https://www.motorious.com/articles/n...ifnFfvgDyCrNSo

Old 02-07-2022 | 01:18 AM
Skatulaki
Rookie

While I am dissapointed that Dodge made the iconic Charger a 4 door instead of a 2 door coupe. I can understand the reason for doing so. To revive the brand via Govt contracts by way of cop cars, probably made marketing sense as Sedans vs SUV's in Govt contracts might have gave the brand the edge as a police car.

I don't really know if the modern Charger had been labeled a Polara, or Coronet, or marketed as a Plymouth Fury, would have achieved the same results. However the modern Charger's success as 4 door Police car, has in turn revived the Challenger as the 2 door Muscle car of choice. The Mustang I have found is very small. I am only 5'4" tall and have a hard time getting in it. The Charger is not an issue in that respect.

Old 02-16-2022 | 09:05 PM
Skatulaki
Rookie

FHP now using Challengers as well as Chargers, apparently they needed a little more get up and go to run down the criminals in Muscle cars. The Fords and Chevy's just don't have it.

Quick Reply: Charger and Challenger are killing the Mustang in sales