Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Help with attaching Hood scoop to hood?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 01:53 PM
TripleGEnergy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Help with attaching Hood scoop to hood?

Hello Everyone!

I had this hood scoop attached with the 3M it came with to the hood. Its been pretty solid over the last few years, but the back of it towards the window is coming loose, and when I get a car wash water leaks out the sides which is more annoying.
Is there some kind of adhesive sealant I can use to keep it on and so that water doesn't get trapped under it during car washes and leaks later?

Thank you!
-GGG

Old 02-28-2022, 02:13 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 576 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleGEnergy
Hello Everyone!

I had this hood scoop attached with the 3M it came with to the hood. Its been pretty solid over the last few years, but the back of it towards the window is coming loose, and when I get a car wash water leaks out the sides which is more annoying.
Is there some kind of adhesive sealant I can use to keep it on and so that water doesn't get trapped under it during car washes and leaks later?

Thank you!
-GGG

You can get emblem mounting tape in different widths. Just clean it really well all the way around and make sure the edges are all sealed. If no water can get it, no water will get trapped.

Quick Reply: Help with attaching Hood scoop to hood?