Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

the order to install the jetchip and superchip

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:57 AM
topbanna3767
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the order to install the jetchip and superchip

hi there i need to get by highway faster next time .....whats the best way to install the chips and any tips on doing the installs i was thinking.first do the mods with the superchip,then disconnect the neg battery terminal like the jetchip says and then install the jet chip,so blog away on tips ,74 scamp how to do it ?

Old 08-31-2006, 12:34 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Default RE: the order to install the jetchip and superchip

I reprogrammed my car back to the stock settings, installed the JET Stage 2 chip, then reprogrammed to 91 octane. I didn't disconnect the battery, maybe I should have, but everything seems to be just find, so far.

Ron, of SuperChips says the following about doing this:

"First off we WILL not warrentee our product with you stacking the 2 items. That said......
You are going about ALL wrong.

If one was to do it right , you do NOT put the program to stock first. then install the chip.... You will cause a communications loss and you could BOMB the computer.
No matter what people say about how they did it.

One would program first and THEN install the chip.

I in no way am approving the install.
But if you have a problem and smoke your PCM do not try to get us to take care of it....
Ron"

Some on this board are not too sure about "Ron" because he seems to be unwilling to post any actual data as far as what the SC will actually do, i.e., no dyno results. I can only tell you what I did. I may, this weekend, take everything back to stock, then start over the way he recommends, i.e., programming first, then installing the JET chip.

Hope this helps.

dave

Old 08-31-2006, 01:04 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I haven't taken time to do this myself but will soon.

I'm going to take Dave's approach and put the car back to stock, install the JetChip and re-program w/SC.

Ron, being in the position he is in, is taking the appropriate stance. I would do the same if I were in his shoes. Kids, don't try this at home.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Strykker
Professional

Butting In...I agree stack at your own risk. Seat of the pants review from Magnum owners is very positive, SC alone does the trick.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:19 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Strykker, thanks for butting in

Come by more often and share some of the Magie tricks! I just noticed 65Standard is the section moderator; he's done a lot of modding on his Magie and is a very respectable fellow.

[sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-01-2006, 05:15 AM
topbanna3767
Captain

well 1 whole day has gone by and nothing bad yet ,man the jet chip aint easy to get in damn.i damaged a few little things the cover i snapped the 2 back covers snaps not happy the rubber on the end thats provides the buffer between the unit and car is a little bent and cant get it straight anymore and the foam insulation in that pocket got a little ripped from pushing the unit in......was just me or is to be that hard .

Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker

After I plugged in the JET chip, I left the "cover" off. There was no way I could get everything back into position with it on.

dave

EDIT: It will take a while - maybe up to 2 weeks - for the JET chip to really start working to its full potential. Also, I've begun to notice a little surging now and then. Nothing bad, kind of neat. It did this before with just the SC programmer.

dave

Quick Reply: the order to install the jetchip and superchip