Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

ok major decsion to make

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
topbanna3767
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok major decsion to make

i found a local guy that for 850 between tuning the car on a dyno also reprograms the computer to eliminate the torqe managment in the computer he says it opens the car up dramaticly.buying it he says eliminates the need for the jetchipa nd superchip...so i could ofset the cost of the upgrade .my question is should i do it and anyone have any other ideas ? or know of any one that does this process.he states that he would remove the computer out of the car and send it out to get reflashed .then tune it on a dyno along with all the other upgrades .thoughts .this maybe one of the secret mods that car inxr8 saw at the strip.oh the guy says he will warranty his work ,the guys pedigree is a former chrysler employee so im guessing he knows what hes doing he also deals mainly with vipers.he sounds reputable ?

Old 09-11-2006, 07:31 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: ok major decsion to make

This is nothing more than a proprietary software flash. This “local guy” will flash your PCM, if you modify it w/superchips it will blow out the “local guys” changes.

If you make changes (i.e. add a cam or heads) it would be best to go back to the “local guy” for a flash update. In essence the “local guy” becomes your superchip programmer... at their price. <edit> be sure to find out what an update would cost, it might be the same price as the initial flash/tune <end edit>

Don't get me wrong, usually a custom flash will make your car run like a scolded dog but it does cost more than a black box solution like superchips and it's a one time shot.

I also saw B&G mentioned a couple of times in other threads, they perform the same service.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:59 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Ah ha! So, does that mean that there IS a way to totally eliminate the torq management? If so, then why hasn't SuperChips done it? Perhaps it is more than our hand-held devices can handle? Gee, sometimes I really hate computers - know what I mean?

dave

Old 09-12-2006, 12:03 AM
topbanna3767
Captain

ok i was talking to krc performance who gave me more info then i can remember and believe you me i tried but here is what i remember ,the custom flash is nothing more then a mercedes program for other cars and doent raise the rpm limits and just the shift points,basicly he said stick with the superchip wast of money.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:28 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I surprised it isn't a real custom tune, like tweaking fuel mappings for A/F ratios along w/rev (shift points) and top end limits. What you initially described was a custom tune... getting a base line tune then customizing the base line tune after dyno runs.

Quick Reply: ok major decsion to make