Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

goodies installed today

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:48 PM
BOBLOM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goodies installed today

I installed my CAI from mopar today and Had one problem. The rubber couplers. It said use the 2 inch on the intake and the 1 1/2 inch on the air cleaner cone. Its a half inch to short.I had a hech of a time with the bracket nut because it placed the cone to far to the left. I think if it was 2 inches like the other it would work out better. The one seal is for the air cleaner box , what is the shoe lace gasket for, the instructions dont even list it on the parts page.Also no change in the tone, was I expecting to much. The chin spoiler goes on with pop rivits what size. my pop gun goes from 2/8 5/8 and its to small for the pop rivits they sent with the kit. went to home depot and they di not have a gun to fit them eather.Mud flaps were a bugger also I needed to remove the wheels to install.After all my complaining what can I do next to get some get up and go
HELP, and I'll send a note to Santa to leave some goodies under your tree for shareing the wealth

Old 10-16-2006, 09:59 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Default RE: goodies installed today

I had no problems with my MP CAI. I can take a look at it tonight, but I remember that that shorter coupler didn't seem to want to work for me either, UNTIL I realized I was installing it incorrectly. I'll look at mine tonight and get back to ya.

You shouldn't notice any real change in sound until you hammer the "go peddle".

dave

Old 10-16-2006, 10:25 PM
BOBLOM
Professional

thanks pal for the info. I could not beleive plastic pop rivits to hold on the chin spoiler.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:50 PM
charginscott
Veteran

BOBLOM - I used stainless bolts flat washers and nylock nuts to hold my chin spoiler on. It was a little tricky to get inside the front end but with a small wrench a 1/4 ratchet and a few choice words I got mine installed. Also I only used 6 insted of 12 items to hold it on. 2 in the middle 2 on the ends and 2 in between the the others. So far so good. I hope to get me a CIA soon.

Scott

Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 PM
BOBLOM
Professional

thanks scott, did you drop the front pan to get at the nose.

Quick Reply: goodies installed today