Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

chevy is nuts

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 05:19 PM
408R/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chevy is nuts

Here's my take. I'm all about making one's car their own, and separating it from the rest of the pack. For most of us, we buy a car with the intention of modding it in some way or form (either by performance or by its look) to make it stand out from every other car the same model out there, and that's what the tuner cars are doing so well. For a car like the charger (SRT or RT), it's been the first new American car that I can remember that has finally drawn attention away from the tuner market because of its design and growing aftermarket of parts. The vette has always been around, so we're not in awe every time one pulls up to the gas pump. Not to leave out the Mustang, GTO, or Impala but right now the Charger for me is the must have American V8.

I know this sounds like srteatr's response but with that in mind, what kind of exterior mods can you really put on a Vette? Wheels, exhaust, programmer? No matter what you do, any car enthusiast will just walk by and see it as just another vette on the road. Now add a few things to a charger like a hood, spoiler, exhaust, and you'll probably get more heads to turn just due to the fact that its a newer car. Thats why I'd rather save myself the extra $40k. Forget the gas milage talk, forget the HP numbers. Just give me my black R/T and let those Vette owners who can't control the amount of power coming from that car in the first place lose control and wipe out. (No disrespect to Vette owners, but I work as an insurance estimator, and I've seen this all too often).

For me, Viper v. Vette. = Viper, are you kidding?

Old 01-06-2007, 03:24 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

There is a girl in town here that her parents bought her a 2002 vet for her 16 birthday. It isnt an z06 but still, she got a vet for her first car. My kids wont be that lucky, lol. Dont get all yalls panties in abunch but have yall seen anything on the 2008 Shelby Mustang. It has 500 hp from factory. That is a nice looking car in my opinion.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:18 AM
SidewinderSE
Rookie

Vette or Charger. To be honest I would still be the SRT. The Charger to me is my dream car and I really don't care all that much for the Vette. Don't get me wrong there is no denying the performance of the Vette over the Charger but that is not my only thing when looking at these cars.

Quick Reply: chevy is nuts