Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Steering wheel........

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Qbinican
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel........

Over the weekend I drove up north to Albany to spend X-mas with the in-laws. As I was driving 90 plus on 87 I notice that my steering wheel would shake when I would slow down. Is this normal or should I be concern? I already have been to the dealership a few times to complain about the brakes squeaking.......(they say they cant do anything about it, that the type of brakes the R/T comes with makes that noise) I had asked them to look at the car cause it was making a strange noise when you drive it at slow speed. Like something is grinding from the front of the car. Every one who gets in my car hears it except of course the dodge mechanic! I didnt have time to bitch but I will next the time. Wait, I got side tracked..sorry Has any one else happened to them wile driving 90 plus, steering wheel shakes? Not a violent but noticable shake. Hope to hear from you guys soon. merry x-mas every one and have a great New Year!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:26 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Steering wheel........

I would bet the tires are out of balance.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Qbinican

I did have them rotated a few weeks ago, hmmmmmm

Old 12-27-2006, 05:31 PM
TorRedOrv0436
Veteran

Check your rotors. If they got hot they may have warped.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:43 PM
khurst
Default RE: Steering wheel.

I agree, sounds like it'srotor/caliper problems. Had a 4.7L Dakota 4 door 4X4that had the same problem--loved that truck but, could'nt ever get thefront brake issues solved so I traded it for a Titan.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:32 AM
uaert
Default RE: Steering wheel.

yes, i have a tremendous problem with the brakes. lots of shaking at high speed. not the tires, got that all sorted out. generally poor and insufficient brakes for all the power. old speed adage; "the fastert car i ever owned was the one that could stop", the better the braking the faster the car. (ie you will not speed if you cannot stop.)

i have had to reface or turn the rotors already 2 times in 20,000 miles, and at 28,000 now, they are saying i need it again.

what i am most interested in is that most all have made power train modifications to the cars, and none have made any brake or suspension mods. for me there is plenty of power, and much less of everything else.

keep in mind that i am being told that all of this is normal by the dealer.

verdict still out.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel........