Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Engine Upgrade??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 AM
SidewinderSE
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Upgrade??

I'm new to the whole mod car thing so bear with me a moment if you will

I have a Charger SE and was curious if you can actually upgrade the engine. I'm sure there are mods to increase performance and whatnot but I was wondering if you can get a new engine and would it be worth it?

Thanks.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Engine Upgrade??

That depends on the definition of worth it. If you can afford it and have the time to go without the ride while the it's being modded, then yes.

You can get one of these and drop it in http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/392.html.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:32 PM
BOBLOM
Professional

Thats real great! Drop it in a new charger and watch the trans and rear come apart like a candy filled pinata at a childs birthday party.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Now that's a bit harsh. To date how many trannys have your seen or heard of flying apart in these cars.

The people that have Strokedor SuperChargered haven't had issues with the trannys. Let's not get into the engines coming apart likea candy filled pinata due to the GSM SuperCharger setups.

<edit> There is one person that has broken some halfshafts in the rear but no tranny issues.

Quick Reply: Engine Upgrade??