Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

TSB trans shift

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Rivaltm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TSB trans shift

What does the fix entail? I've noticed something similar in my Daytona

Old 01-28-2007, 05:06 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

The dealer would hook up the car to a starscan andflash the TCM program. It'supdated code, like a windows service pack, thatprobably changes the paramaters for shifting to firm up the shift points.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM
IXLR8
Veteran

I had this TSB done about 3 weeks ago. Today was the first time that I could really get on it, due to the excessive rain here in Houston.

All I have to say is Holy sh*t !! All of a sudden the Daytona's got game! I have not had such a crisp 1-2 shift with any tranny thatI have ever owned. I think it chirped the tires in second! I feels like someone slipped a shift kit in my tranny.

I will give this one a 10 out of 10.

Get one if you can.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 AM
mnboy
Captain

Doesn't the Superchips also change the programming? I noticed it took away my third gear sluggishness and my shifts are harder.

If you program the TCM from a dealer, would the SC programming change or override the new TCM scan?

MN

Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM
IXLR8
Veteran

I loaded a SC program ... Probably last September... I do not know if any of it survived the dealer flash. I guess I should make a new image in my SC to preserve this great program. I am not sure it will make any difference though, because I am pretty sure that the TSB had to do with the transmission. I would expect that the tranny program and engine program are seperate, based upon other posts that I have read.

I do not think that the SC modifies the tranny programming.

Does it?

Old 07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

It does change the shift paramaters of the TCM.

Also, if you get a "performance TCM" you should de-tune prior to upgrading to it.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 AM
IXLR8
Veteran

After having a few more "opportunities" to nail the throttle, it appears that although the shift is much quicker, I cannot duplicate the previous result. It must have been the alignment of the stars or something... Right now is not the the best environmental conditions for optimizing engine performance here in Houston. It is in the 90's with +90% humidity, a density altitude of 2260 ft.
I will download and istall the latest SC update today and see if it make any difference. Of course one that really chafes me, is the Dodge is constantly changing the programming in the computer. The values are constantly being overwritten, unlike say a Corvette or WRX. I want a "freeze code" button for when just the right values appear. Or maybe I will just turn to the dark side and get a Vette....[X(]

Old 07-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Stroker
Veteran

I don't see how that would be turning to the dark side? If you got the money there's nothing better then a Z-06 when it comes to 2 seaters IMHO.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:39 AM
mnboy
Captain

I have to agree with Stroker. Dollar for dollar the ZO6 is one of the best values in the world of supercars.
But, impractical. But, awsome... [sm=teetertooter.gif]

MN

PS: Thanks Mango... Also, do you have any 1/4 or 60 foot times lately?

Old 07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
IXLR8
Veteran

I am sorry this is off topic commentbut...

I am straying waaaay into the dark side. On September 10, 11, 12thI will be thrashing some Z-06's around a 2.5 mile track just outside of Las Vegas.

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

Anyone that would like to come and join me is more than welcome, if they can pay the price of admission. I have talked to several people including my brother who has been there twice. This may be the single best driving school experience in the US, for people of average skill and experience. You will drive faster than you ever thought possible. Personally I have attended the SRT driving experience twice, and this is supposed to be considerably better. More than 300 miles of track time over three days.

A real gearhead smorgasborg....

[end of off topic]
Hey how about those Chargers, eh?

Quick Reply: TSB trans shift