Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Cold Air Intake Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Blk07RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake Install

Any suggestions on a Cold Air Intake? I have a 2007 RT with the 5.7 HEMI. Also how hard would it be? I am no mechanic, but I know my way around tools / engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

Old 02-26-2007, 10:36 AM
charginscott
Veteran
Default RE: Cold Air Intake Install

A CAI is the easyest mod to do. There are a bunch of em out there, everything from homemade(mine) to the AIRHAMMER. IMO your not going to get too much more hp but the sound will make you grin from ear to ear.
About the only suggestion would be is be VERY carefull with the sensor that is in the intake tube - very easy to break.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

There are a lot of CAIs to choose from. K&N, Mopar, AIRAID, Dub, AEM, Volant, aFe. Look em over, ask questions &factor in the price range your looking at.

The installation depends on the CAI, some are more challenging than others. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being most difficult) a CAI install is a 2 or 3. You'll need the following:
-10mm wrench or socket for the bolt that holds on the OEM intake.
- Screwdriver for clamps.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

Randall you forgot the beer ! Its a must when doing a mod kinda goes hand in hand ! lol

Old 02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Thanks for remembering the details I always forget. As Marty said, to make the CAI installfunner and little more challenging toss in a six pack of your favorite beer on the parts list

You rock man! [sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-03-2007, 06:07 AM
lauren_24

ORIGINAL: charginscott

A CAI is the easyest mod to do. There are a bunch of em out there, everything from homemade(mine) to the AIRHAMMER. IMO your not going to get too much more hp but the sound will make you grin from ear to ear.
About the only suggestion would be is be VERY carefull with the sensor that is in the intake tube - very easy to break.
Agree. I tried both. I got ford racing cold air intake for a change. Don't wanna stick to those boring CAI. And the result? My car roar like a real beast.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake Install