Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

1966 Dodge D100

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Nappers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1966 Dodge D100

Whoops, didn't see a Dodge Classics for the old trucks. I guess I can move this here then..........copy and paste......

Good morning all,

My step son just got his hands on his Great Grandfathers 1966 Dodge D100 Short bed, 318 2 Barrel, 3 on the T. The weekend was perfect, truck sat for over a year, got a new slave unit for the clutch, bled the brakes and topped off vital fluids.

The truck wouldn't start right away and the little nipper (he's 14) got sad, I told him to keep cranking and watched as the filter filled with fuel and then it fired. The look on his face was priceless (dang the luck we didn't bring a camera).

After getting the truck to run (the gas was old and it popped and sputtered) we drove it to a gas station and some fuel additive and a quick pump up of the tires we drove it about 100 miles with his Grandfather behind the wheel. It was a great joy watching the two of them talk about the truck and him waiving to us as we followed them home. It was my Father In Law's, Father in law's truck and he knew all about it. Strangely enough, we are renting my wife's aunts house(the grandpa who drove the truck home sister's house) and the truck felt like it was home again.The truck quit sputtering and purred like a kitten. All of the original trim is present, there is a slight wrinkling on the front driver's fender and grille going around the headlight and everything works with exception to the gas gauge (hopefully a new sending unit cures that).

Anyway, what a greatSunday. My Step Son's great grandmother was pleased to know that her husband's truck is now in the hands of her first Grandson and he loves it.

I tried to find products for the truck. Is there any catalogs or other resources besidesa few online that can help with panels and whatnot? The driver floorboard is quite rusted out from Grandpa missing his spitoonand we can see major daylight.We may have a oppurtunity to get a 60's D100 for a parts truck.

The paint is blue and a little oxidized andit's a shortbed. Awesome. He wants headers and dual exhaust and leave itstock other than that. He remembers riding with Great Grandpa in the truckgoing to the dump and what not prior to his passing around1999-2000.

You may see questions about this truck after I do searches if I need help from you all. I'm glad to find another home on this forum aside from the Neon side for my '05 Neon.

Take care.

Aaron

Quick Reply: 1966 Dodge D100