Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

Glass install on 55

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Fifty5james
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glass install on 55

I have recently started a new project ,a 1955 Dodge Coronet sdn. & the back glass was not in the car when I got it. I have purchased a new rubber seal ,Does anybody know how to install the back glass. I'm not a mopar man ,This is my first mopar project. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-22-2004, 02:08 AM
corbetts_auto
Default RE: Glass install on 55

What's so different about it? does the gasket not just fit over the lip?

Old 11-22-2004, 11:30 AM
ekbeanctr

James,
I don't know how much back glass would cost if you broke it, But I have always called my local glass company to do windshield and back glass. 2 benefits, They break it they bought it and, If it leaks they come back again and reseal it. In my area it's usually $70 - $80 which I will gladly pay.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Fifty5james

It has two rubber lips on the inside & it also has a channel for the glass to set in ,When I installed the front glass in my 57 Chevy I had to put the rubber around the glass first & install the top strip of chrome before putting it in the car ,then I had to use a rope to pull the inside lip in. I don't know if the Dodge is the same way ,It's not that easy to find back glass for & I was trying not to break it. Thanks.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Fifty5james

I don't know where your located ,I'm in Norman OK. & trying to find someone who has experience installing glass in classics is hard to do. Most glass shops tell me that they will install it but wont gurantie it. I have allways been a do-it yourself type person ,usally when I take something somewhere I'm not happy with the work & wish I had done it myself. Thanks..............James.

Quick Reply: Glass install on 55