Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:44 AM
dozier13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems

hey everyone. here is what I have so far. my friend brought me his truck cuz he took it to a dealer and they said the head gaskets were blown and that he was gonna need new heads, gaskets etc etc. $4200 to do it all. I told him he could buy a new engine for that. Well he asked if I could look into it for him which I said I could. I started taking it apart and when I got down to the head I noticed that his valve was stuck open on the exhaust valve and that his rocker arm had come undone because the spring was not holding it in anymore. so I took the head off by loosening the timing chain sprocket after I marked everything and it came right out..so I went ahead and took it to my machine shop and had them redo that valve and check everything out and shave the head. They said that the head needed to be shaved 12000th and that the valve was bent and had come off its seat. they fixed everything and gave it back. I put it back in, lined everything back up and took off the other head to have it shaved and checked. They shaved it, said there was no sign of bad valves and said I was good to go.. I put it all back together and the damn thing will not start...it just sits there and turns over and over but nothing. I checked that I was getting gas and spark which I am but still nothing. if anyone has any thoughts on this please advise.. Im all out of ideas

Chris

Old 08-28-2007, 11:01 AM
dozier13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: starting problems

by the way this is a 2001 dakota 4.7 4x4

Old 08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: starting problems

go to the second gen section and yuou will get more results