Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

Pull on hard braking.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
07QCDAK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull on hard braking.

Hello Everyone -

I recently purchased an 07 QC V6 6-Speed Dakota Rear ABS only. I do like the truck and I am happy with my Purchase (Ford guy but didn’t like the Ranger) but I seem to have a problem with the Brakes. Since day 1 it has had a slight pull to the Left when braking and pulls harder the hotter the brakes get and the harder you stop. I’ve brought it in to the purchasing dealer 3 times, the 1st time they told me it was the caliper and greased the caliper rails. I let this go and thought it wasn’t too bad so I would just ignore it, but after it rained and I tried to stop I found the Front left tire would lock up prematurely when breaking hard.

I brought the truck back to the dealer and they ordered some new Pads and told me it was fixed again. I think they put in softer pads or adjusted my brakes somehow as the brake pedal feels softer. But the original issue of the brakes pulling to the left when stopping still occurred.

I just got the truck back from the Dealer after 3 days of them looking at it and the answer to my problem now is "they all do it". They test drove some other 07s on the lot and they also pulled to the left. The reason for this is the brake line for the drivers side tire is shorter than the passengers side thus causing the drivers side brake to pull. They are calling the Dodge rep to see if he knows of anything to try.

I guess my question is, for anyone that has a new Dakota (prob Gen 3) does your truck pull to the left slightly when braking and get worse as they heat up and/or apply heavy braking? Its not so bad that I fear for my life when braking but it does pull more than I think it should.

I should let everyone know I have no problems with the Dealership and I cant see why they would lie to me about anything as I bought the truck from them. I believe they get paid for any warranty work done so trying to save money cant be it… any thoughts?

Thank you
John

Quick Reply: Pull on hard braking.