Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

What is chysler smoking.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:23 AM
earlyre
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone429
If I had to buy a car, Would I buy a car that is sold world wide, or one thats only built and sold in North America? Hence the Dodge Dart, Chevy Cruise, and Hyundia Elantra, ect ect ect.

Until siad car company can build a product sold and built in North America that can compete in the world market place, it really dosent make sense to buy a imported car under a domostic name plate.

Oh sure, this marketing and sales B/S is a old format that did not work than and will not work now, all it is is Fiat and Alfa marketing thier products threw a establashed dealer net work that they can't establash due to cost's.

Only item thats dodge is the name plate and that abought sums it up.

really?? fiat can't establish their own dealer network in the states????
hrm... you do know they have opened fiat "studios" in many of the larger cities in the UShttp://www.fiatusa.com/hostc/fad/fin...e=&dealerName=
....and they certainly already have an established network (albeit smaller than most brands) in Ferrari (which FIAT owns.) also Maserati.
your given examples are misleading. The Focus model sold in the US is Different than the Focus Sold in Europe and elsewhere. Now this current Gen is the closest the 2 have ever been, it's still a very different car.
i'd be willing to bet the US spec Elantra is not the same as the Korean Spec model either.
also this model (and the US Spec FIAT 500) are different from their Euro counterparts. the US Spec 500 is bigger (wider) than the Euro, and completely built in N.America. (Chrysler plant in Mexico, engines from Michigan)
Dart built in Chrysler's Belvedere IL plant, where many many models have been built over they years, but just off the top of my head, Omni, Dynasty, Neon, Caliber,Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Dart.
and as for US made cars competing in the global market place?? another benefit of the FIAT merger, is they ARE planning to sell US Chrysler products over seas, but re-badged to some of their other brands.( Currently Susch Brands include FIAT, Ferrari, Maserati, Lancia, and Alfa Romeo)*
like the New Maserati SUV(to be built in Detroit with a Ferrari Engine and Fiat tranny), based on the Durango/Grand Cherokee platform that Mercedes is also using for their new SUV, since it was developed under Daimler...
and then there is the car they are planning to build in/for the Chinese market based on the Dart -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Dart_(2013)#Fiat_Viaggio

* - interesting side note, what seems to be the only Italian Brand they Don't own, is Lamborghini (Audi owns), whom Chrysler USED to Own. (Lambo helped Team Viper design their Original V10 for the 1st Gen Viper)

Last edited by earlyre; 07-05-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Quick Reply: What is chysler smoking.