Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Official Pricing and some standard features on the 2013 Dart

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read a story on Motor Trend where Bigland and Gilles were at the Dart factory to celebrate the start of production earlier this week. So, I drive the 20 miles into town to see about ordering a new Dart. I'm ready to put the $3k down and sign the papers. The dealer told me(the owner no less) that Dodge has told him the late June schedule is in the crapper and no specific date as to when they will make it available. They must have REALLY screwed something up in production or engineering. Well, I am a Dodge guy, but I need a new car badly since we will be moving to my new home very soon and it is a 80 mile round trip over a large mountain and my 94 Plymouth Acclaim, while a great car, is also a 200k mile car and I need something better for my wife's commute. Sorry Chryco, Hyundai isn't playing games with delivery of their cars. I will give Chrysler 1 week to start taking orders or I'm visiting a Hyundai dealer.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:12 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

After a couple hours calming down, I will wait for the Dart. The Elantra is too bland and the Dart too good to go and make an $18k mistake. but it would be nice if someone at Chrysler would announce publicly that the launch is being pushed back. The dealer tried to talk me into a new Pentastar Charger. "Why wait when this car will get 35 mpg on the highway"? Well, the Charger is $29k after incentives and the Dart I want will run $18k and should net 40 mpg. Silly car salesman.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

sad fact of buying cars...no dealer wants to sell you a car that they have to order for you, they want to sell you one off the lot for the instant bump to thier numbers for the current month. such is the sad fact of the stair step incentive program that has reared its ugly head again.

I went through the same crap and heard the same BS when I ordered my (now sold) Ram 2500. I had an unusual build sheet and no one had it on the lot. It took me an hour of saying no to the sales guy while he tried showing me other trucks on the lot. Finally I said..."do you want a commision? then order the damn truck" and handed him the build sheet from the dodge site.

And they look like they are riding/driving fine because I see them at least once a week for on my way 75 mile commute to/from work along I-96/US-23/I-75/I-69/I-475 here in Michigan.
Granted they are being driven by engineers and techs based off the manufactur plates and that they travel in packs of 2 to 3 cars.

As far as production, It looks like they are good. No telling if these are going to a dealer or a test facility but check out this page/pics:

2013 Dodge Dart Sighting.
By Dodge · Updated 3 hours ago
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...un0112Twitter2

Last edited by Boulee; 06-01-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:35 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

That very well could be. I might just make the 90 mile drive up to Tucson Dodge. The dealer here is known for all kinds of corrupt practices. The commander of Ft Huachuca banned soldiers from doing business with them because they were playing the bait-n-switch so bad. A guy would sign the papers on what he thought was the car he was buying and they would then hand him the keys to something else. I never witnessed it, but when an Army commander bans soldiers from a business, you know something is horribly bad. Wish I could buy an SRT4, but my new house is draining me. Maybe after a while I'll go shopping for some Mopar upgrades. I've read they are really going all out to support the Dart.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

more news on the Dart production numbers. The place where I work has a subsription to the magazine Automotive News. In the back they have charts on sales and production numbers.

Dart
5/28-6/2/2012

May Est.

1/1-6/2/2012

Last edited by Boulee; 06-06-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I to understand the Dart has a push-button starter?
Interior shots dont show an ignition cylinder on the column.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:31 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Boulee
more news on the Dart production numbers. The place where I work has a subsription to the magazine Automotive News. In the back they have charts on sales and production numbers.

Dart
5/28-6/2/2012

May Est.

1/1-6/2/2012
B*llsh*t!!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

the magazine comes out every monday. I'll scan the one from today
as soon as the boss gets done with it and puts it out for us to read.

But, keep in mind I was talking about the production numbers not the
sales numbers. that chart the last I looked still showed 0.

If you have ever seen a car plant, they produce 1000's of cars before
they ship them.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

From the front page:https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2012...-in-texas.html (bold added by me for emphisis)

Late last week, the first batch of new 2013 Dodge Dart compact sedans were assembled at Texas Motor Speedway for dealership representatives from around the southwestern US to come experience the newcar. At the end of the presentation, reps from roughly 250 Chrysler Group dealerships around the southwest each took one of the specially marked Dodge Darts back to their area where this first vehicle would serve as the dealer demonstration model.

A similar program will go on at other locations around the nation as the first batch of 2013 Dodge Darts arrives in showrooms over the course of the next few weeks - with the first large scale rollout for customer purchase coming in July.

This first batch of 2013 Dodge Dart sedans are not intended for sale to the customer but dealerships are reportedly permitted sell these units if the price is right. Since they are serving as dealer demonstration models, all of these 250 Dart sedans sport unique decals on the sides and hood prominently displaying the name and logo of the sporty new C segment compact. Based on the pictures provided by Chrysler, it appears as though all of these first Darts are Rallye models in Redline 2-Coat Pearl exterior paint (bright red) with two large blacked out areas on the hood also sporting the Dart logo.

While these standoffish decals might discourage the average consumer from buying these particular 2013 Dodge Dart sedans, these first units could be quick collectable items for diehard Dodge fans so it will be interesting to see how many dealerships are willing to let these leave the lot in the hands of a private owner - at least before the full wave of production units arrives next month.
So from the Automotive news that came out today current production numbers so far is at 2,971 as of Saturday. (will scan and post as proof later when i get home.) So if each dealership in the country only get 1 as a demo vehicle, that would account for pretty much every one of the Darts thus far produced.

And to top it all off, 2013 Dodge Dart allocation will be based on Dodge Caliber sales volume.
Source 1:http://www.torquenews.com/106/2013-d...r-sales-volume
Source 2:http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...306119963/1251

***edit***
found another forum/ article here: http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44157

Nearly 250 2013 Dodge Dart vehicles waited on pit row at Texas Motor Speedway where Dodge dealers gathered for a track-worthy send off to dealerships across the Southwest. This is the first of 12 such Dart events across the country to support the Dart arriving in dealerships this month.
250*12=3000 which is darn close to the 2,971 listed in Automotive news.

AND

the first reply to that posting/article is:
Here is Chrysler's second Dodge Dart launch extravaganza!

Nearly 250 Dodge Darts Will Drive Away From the Palace of Auburn Hills and Into Dealerships for Sale Across Michigan

What: The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is officially on its way to dealerships across the country. Close to 300 Dodge dealers will gather at the Palace of Auburn Hills to drive their first Dodge Dart vehicles into Dodge showrooms across Michigan.

When: Wednesday, June 20 -- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.

Where:

The Palace of Auburn Hills
6 Championship Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
I know where I'm gonna be on wednesday camera in hand. It's on my way to work if i shoot down M-24 instead of US-23. and I dont have to me to work untill 2pm. (2nd shift and all)

Last edited by Boulee; 06-18-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:30 AM
earlyre
Professional

First Dart advertised for sale by my local Dealer. had to come on here, and read specs, and look @ dealer website, when their ad in the local paper listed it as a 1.2l Multiair turbo... Website has it right..
http://www.tomahl.com/new/Dodge/2013...8db0894884.htm

Quick Reply: Official Pricing and some standard features on the 2013 Dart