Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

UConnect Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 PM
ToddJAllen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UConnect Issues

First off, I love my new Dart! I am however, having a lot of issues with my phone staying connected. I can successfully pair my Motorola Razr Maxx and have even made 1 phone call flawlessly. I can't get my phone to stay connected long enough to make another call. I looked around the internet and found a lot of advice to get Bluetooth keepalive, I downloaded it and did not see any improvement. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

My phone connects and stays connected to other bt headsets no problem. Any help is appreciated. I have the 8.4" NAV if that helps.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:56 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

hmm Not sure, I do have issues with My Samsung Galaxy Nexus reconnecting when I get back into the car, but I ended up Rooting my phone and installing Cyangoen mod on my phone and now it works great...

Is ur phone Stock or does it run a modded Rom?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Same here, Samsung Galaxy S3. And the problem is not the car. I think some of the Android phone is programed to disable Bluetooth in order to conserve battery in sleep mode, and half of the time when I enter the car, or have been driving too long, i have to manually initiate a Bluetooth request on my Radio in order to reconnect.
I dont drive a Chrysler Product, I have an Aftermarket Radio.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 AM
ToddJAllen

I figured it out, i had way too many text messes and the uconnect can't handle it like that. If you ever run into this problem try purging your texts. And the Bluetooth drop issue with Android can be solved with Bluetooth KeepAlive for $1.50

Old 03-29-2013, 11:16 AM
bopanjr
Default Cell phone and UConnect

My wife has a Galaxy S3 and the blue tooth would hook up with the Dart Uconnect. However the address book would only stay synced for a few minutes, then when you went to use it the screen would show no addresses. Tried a dozen times to resync it - no luck. Took it back to the dealer to see if they could fix it. After 45 minutes the tech succeeded in locking the addresses in the Uconnect. He said its a trial and error thing since Dodge doesn't have how to set up every phone out there with their Uconnect.
Every time we got in the car we heard the phone make one chime. Silly us, we were not staring at our phone when we got in the car - just assumed the chime was to let us know the Blue tooth and Uconnect were synced. The tech discovered ( he was sitting in the car staring at the phone ) that when it chimed the phone screen asked if you wanted to sync the addresses. After several seconds that screen went away until the next time you started the car with your phone on you. If you told it "yes" then the address book transferred to the Uconnect and was now available anytime it was called up. Hope this helps !

Old 06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
TomZona
Default perfect reply

The response from bopanjr worked perfectly for me also. Thank you bopanjr very much.
tz

Old 12-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Jnacst

My Dart sometimes has some problems when I use my Galaxy S4. Not anything too bad though. I mostly use it for the music player. It will often get stuck on pause after a phone call comes in and some times after a text message. I usually just fix it by turning my bluetooth off and on again.

What's really annoying is when I'm driving, listening to music, and Uconnect notifies me that I've received a text message. I really wish I could turn that off. Anyone know a way?

Old 12-23-2013, 09:03 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) press the Uconnect phone button and say, "set up, incoming message announcement"
2) "you'll be told that it's on, do you want it off?"
3) say "yes"

4) Now you shouldn't be notified when a message comes thru.

Originally Posted by Jnacst
My Dart sometimes has some problems when I use my Galaxy S4. Not anything too bad though. I mostly use it for the music player. It will often get stuck on pause after a phone call comes in and some times after a text message. I usually just fix it by turning my bluetooth off and on again.

What's really annoying is when I'm driving, listening to music, and Uconnect notifies me that I've received a text message. I really wish I could turn that off. Anyone know a way?

Quick Reply: UConnect Issues