Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Information on Dodge Dart

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM
SXTspeed
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information on Dodge Dart

It has been several years since I've owned a Dodge vehicle, an 04 Neon SXT that I haven't had since 2008, but I am looking at possibly removing my 2002 Taurus from daily driver duty as it's getting up there in age and mileage and stuff is starting to need replaced. The Dodge Dart is something that I'm considering but I want to get as much real world info on it as I can to help make an informed purchase, like anyone would.

So, what are the pros and cons of the car? Any areas of concern that have appeared to the public yet?

I'd prefer the turbo engine and the auto trans since it will be my daily. The screen would be nice, keyless entry, aluminum wheels, fog lights, power options/ac/tach+trip/doesn't need a sunroof/dual exhaust tips a plus/at least 33mpg highway. I think that puts me in anything SXT and above.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it is an awsm compact car, and you will not regret it. Fuel Economy will put your Taurus into shame.

The Only common Complaint I've heard are annoyance from infotainment system like Bluetooth, voice command, etc... not working as desired. Like almost every cars out there...

Also, you need to test drive the Turbo model with Dual Clutch Trans first, a lot of ppl are not used to how that Trans Shift and operate. It just... feels different.

And if you don't like it, I say you wait for the 2.4L model. The 2.0L model feels ridiculously slow.

Another CON is I think the Dart is a little more expensive than it's competitors.

Quick Reply: Information on Dodge Dart