Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

The Dart GT to offer 33mpg

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Dart GT to offer 33mpg

The EPA has announced the fuel economy figures for the Dodge Dart GT with the 2.4L TigerShark engine and the 6-speed manual transmission - and it is almost as efficient as the most fuel-friendly Toyota Corolla.

Click here for more information on the Dart GT fuel economy on the DF Front Page!

Attached Thumbnails The Dart GT to offer 33mpg-dart-gt-reflection-600.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Growlor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did they post an estimated availability for the new engine?

Old 06-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

My dealer is showing they have one enroute, so I'd guess very soon it will be available.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:07 PM
SirMaru

Don't count on that. First, the car only measures moving mpg. Stationery mpg is always ZERO. Your best measurement of mpg is the gas used for the second fuel refill cycle divided by the actual mileage for that cycle. You can be sure that number will be way below what is promised.

In addition most tests like that are run on open tracks at high speeds. Most of us use cars for local travel with occasional travel in heavy traffic on highways.

My second cycle with a 2.0 liter engine and automatic transmission is showing 19.5 mpg which will be far less when I do the actual calculation averaging in stationery use. My average moving speed for the second cycle shows 18 mph and the top speed has only been 44 mph. Official tests are usually done at 70 mph without traffic.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:32 PM
steveo9259

Changed my order from the SXT Rallye to the GT just 2 days ago! Haven't driven the 2.4L engine, haven't seen the upscale interior but I pulled the trigger anyway. It's killing me to wait but I'll be so happy when it gets here.

Quick Reply: The Dart GT to offer 33mpg