Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

code 10 meaning

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 03:51 PM
CozzyShen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 10 meaning

I have a 2015 Dodge Dart, bought it brand new in that year. I went into town this morning and noticed the yellow engine light was on, it stayed on each time I started up the car, not flashing, just steady on. I came home right away, opened and shut the gas cap etc.....engine light was still on. I tried the on/off trick 3 times and got a code flashing '10' I don't know what this means...Now, 5 hours later, the car is in my driveway and won't even start. Is this a safety mechanism?

Old 02-28-2018, 05:26 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Won’t turn over or turns over and won’t start? Any auto parts store will read the codes for you.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:17 AM
CozzyShen

It won't start at all, no turnover. Son thinks it may be the starter? I understand the starter is underneath and is hard to reach and a special tool is needed....!! I don't think this is a do-it-yerselfer! Battery is good. On this cold rainy Thursday, the car needs to be brought into the garage too...but the wheels are locked of course.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:26 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

How have you verified the battery is “good”?

Old 03-01-2018, 02:20 PM
CozzyShen
Default Code 10

Yes.. The battery is good and strong. When thetkey is in the ignition and turned to accessory, all the lights are showing on the dashboard... The key fob can open and lock the doors... But the engine will not start with the fob.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:37 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Just because the lights come on and the doors unlock does not mean the battery has enough juice to turn the engine over. Try to jump start it.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:45 PM
CozzyShen

My son checked the battery first thing and it's good and strong. He did something under the car and made it start Husband and son took it for a ride and everything is good. They can shut the engine with the key.. Just can't start it with the key. So he will probably start it that way tomorrow to bring inito a dealer. Probably something electronic?

Quick Reply: code 10 meaning