Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Problem I Can't Figure Out For The Life of Me! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 03:39 PM
nagro33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem I Can't Figure Out For The Life of Me! Help!!!

Hey everyone. My dad's 2015 Dart SXT needed new brakes so we replaced the pads and rotors. A couple weeks later he noticed a noise when he went over bumps. Sounded like it was sway bar bushings. However, I was skeptical because the noise ceased when you went over bumps with the brakes pressed down. I replaced the sway bar bushings anyway and low and behold it didn't fix the issue. I thought ok it must be brake related since it doesn't make the noise when you go over bumps with the brakes pressed down. I did some research saw people say the guide pins in the caliper. I also noticed 2013 Darts have a tsb for bad calipers that make a similar noise. I thought ok great I just need some new calipers. Ordered new calipers put them on, along with new pads again since some people online said the brake pad clips might not be fitting correctly so I bought a different brand. Well new calipers and a different brand pad still didn't fix the issue. The issue is only on the front right (passenger) side. What is the problem?!? Thanks everyone!

Old 03-26-2018, 03:50 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

What kind of noise.......

Old 03-26-2018, 03:55 PM
nagro33

Originally Posted by jkeaton
What kind of noise.......
Rattle. Like there are loose parts rolling around lol. Like suspension noise but I am convinced it is brakes since the noise stops when brakes are applied.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:10 AM
kayakman
Veteran

I had the same issue on our 2014 Dart GT. I installed new pads and rotors, front and back. I used the silicone that came with the kits for the pads. The brakes worked better than the original ever did. Approximately a month later, I heard the rattle and thought the same, some sort of suspension noise. Then I isolated to the brake pad or calibers. Searched and found that there was a TSB about rattling brake calibers on certain years of Darts. Went to the dealership near me and had it checked out. What it turned out it to be, was a rattling brake pad. They used a brake pad lubricate even though i had used what was supplied, it wasn't enough. They covered it under warranty (which was great of them). The rattle was gone and has never come back. I would give this product a try or something similar. Asked your local auto supply was the best is for you. http://prntscr.com/j562ca

Hope this helps, and it's an easy fix.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Problem I Can't Figure Out For The Life of Me! Help!!!