Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

2013 Dart Radio Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 11:26 PM
Austin Hollobaugh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Dart Radio Replacement

Alright so I’ve got kind of a tricky one. I’ve been told by two different dealerships that the radio in my car can’t be replaced. I have the UConnect system with Bluetooth, full touchscreen. I absolutely HATE the radio in my car. I can’t plug anything in with USB because it just starts playing my music alphabetically, so I can’t charge my phone and listen to music at the same time. The navigation is out of date and clunky, and no matter how I update it it doesn’t get any better. What I really want is a double din radio with CarPlay. I’m a big Apple guy and I want my maps and music!! That being said I have 3 basic questions I need answered
1. Is it actually possible to change the radio? (I assume it is somehow, probably just difficult since the dealerships said no)
2. Is their a kit for it, or is it something I can do mysef?
3. Since their are some functions integrated with the system (Climate controls, Heated Seats, etc.) is their a radio I could put it that would have CarPlay with all of the other functions intact, and if not had anyone already done it and do they miss the controls since their are also manual controls underneath?

Old 06-20-2019, 07:44 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

What radio is in the vehicle now? Small screen, big screen?

Quick Reply: 2013 Dart Radio Replacement