Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Upper a/c line leak help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 05:15 PM
bgoodwill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper a/c line leak help

Just bought a 2013 Dart SXT with the 2.0 engine. The upper a/c line has ridden against the plastic engine cover and over time worn a hole in it (see picture - not my car but the arrow shows where the hole is). The a/c works when you pump refrigerant in for the 2-3 minutes it takes for it all to leak out again, so I'm confident the rest of the system is operating correctly.

The dealer wants $400 to replace this hose (and additional to recharge the system, of course). I'm pretty sure I've identified the hose correctly as the A/C manifold assembly UAC HA 111790C, which I can buy online for about $60. I'm a moderate mechanic - can do basic maintenance and charge out simple parts. - but I'm a little concerned about trying to change this out myself because it's a pressurized line. How difficult is it to replace this hose? Does it require special tools? And can someone point me to a self-help video since I couldn't find anything on You Tube. Thanks.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:28 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

If th refrigerant has leaked out, there won't be any pressure. Should be just a fitting on each end that you would use an open end or adjustable wrench to remove.

Quick Reply: Upper a/c line leak help