Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Plumbing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:45 PM
metalaxeman88
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plumbing?

Okay, I got this massive intercooler off of a cummins diesel, and I was wondering how to plumb the thing. It is about 3 inches longer than my radiator+intercooler assembly now, and about half an inch thicker than my radiator. I am putting it in front of the radiator, behind the metal bumper thing. How would I plumb this?

Old 10-18-2004, 05:33 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Plumbing?

You will be able to run the intercooler pipes/hoses through the opening where the factory intercooler was when you remove it.

Old 10-18-2004, 05:27 PM
GTCandGTSturbo
Veteran

An intercooler that big means you're going to be cutting metal. You may get one end through the old IC opening, but not the other.

Old 10-18-2004, 07:17 PM
metalaxeman88
Professional

I might just have to take them both through the old intercooler slot, Mario Bros' style, The other problem is, going from a 3 inch to a 2 1/4 inch. I have a guy that owns a muffler shop here in town, maybe I can get him to try and bend me some pipe. My brother seems to think that metal intercooler pipe will make airflow better, sounds reasonable, then again, trying to be nice and doing my timing he used the coil wire instead of the number 1 wire.

Quick Reply: Plumbing?