Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

ignition removal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Ferox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition removal?

Hi, My friend gave me his 1990 Daytona ES because he moved to florida and didnt want it anymore. Well come to find out he lost the key during the move and has no idea where it is.

How do i remove the ignition switch from the colum? Or is there a way i can get a new key from the dealership?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
flybyuin2.2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ignition removal?

Call your dealer and see if they can cut you a key (needtitle,driver's license and approx. $15) if not than you need to remove the plastic covers around column and unbolt the ignition switch, you will need to purchase the tamper proof torx bit(can't remember the size)most likely will need to purchase a set anyways,take the screws out, unplug it and assemble in the reverse order when installing new switch, I believe that if you take the passanger door lock outand take it to a locksmith they can alsocut youa key but not 100% sure, it's been a while.

Quick Reply: ignition removal?