Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

92 daytona running very cool

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 AM
dmbfan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 daytona running very cool

i have a 92 dodge daytona es, 3.0, automatic. it has never been driven during the winter time. this summer the car seemed to be running fine but now that the temperature outside has started to drop i am having a problem. the car doesn't seem to warm up to normal operating temperature. i have topped off all of the fluids, but the antifreeze level seems to drop in the reservoir tank. i have also noticed a slight smell of antifreeze when i shut the car down. the car just doesn't warm up to normal and seems to be running very cool. does anybody have any idea what might be causing this problem? thx for replies

Old 11-07-2007, 10:12 PM
moparborn
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 92 daytona running very cool

Is it running cool engine temp or heater temp?Where do you smell the antifreeze.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 AM
bansheenut420
Professional

turbododge.com has an awesome 3.0 section. I would check there. Its says turbo 3.0, but thats because the guy that is responsable for getting that section made has a BAD *** turboed 3.0... Check it out, I am sure you will find the answers you need.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:08 AM
dmbfan

it is running cool engine temp. the heater temp seems to get warm but i'm sure it could be hotter also. the cool engine temp is my main concern, it has never ran this cool before. i can smell antifreeze right after i shut the car down,get out, and walk around the front of it.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain

Well, low coolant should make it run hottoer, but either way you need to figure out where it's going. I don't know too much about the 3.0 Daytona's, but the 2.2 & 2.5l critters (turbo & N/A) are known for running cool in winter months. Partially blocking the Radiator core is one remedy, hotter T-stat is another.

Quick Reply: 92 daytona running very cool