Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

I seriously NEED your help boys

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM
samus_69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I seriously NEED your help boys

I have a 1989 daytona N/A. I need to get it safety inspected and I need to fiqure out why my speedo and odo are not working.

-I pulled the vehicle speed sensor and tested it. - O.K.

-Noticed that fluid either oil or ?brake? fluid came out, now i have no brakes and I added fluid to the resivoir(s) as i have front and rear disc's.

-I checked the harness that the sensor goes to,cleaned and reconnected.

-Pulled the speedo cluster, found ZERO melted things on the exterior. I Seen the gear inside and it wasnt damaged??

-Horns don't work either. where is the HORN RELAY?

-Outside passenger door handle is connected on the inside of the door but dosnt seem to move the actuator thing inside the door as far as the interior handle does... so the door wont open from the outside.

-Car has a weird, not smooth, but not missing idle. Car gives me code 13 Throttle-Body Temp.

Please guys help me I have 10 days and I rarely have free time to work on it . I have a small enigne repair shop so I have tools.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Old 12-02-2009, 08:33 AM
circumventor
Banned

seems yall gots allot of probs. 1st id put a scanner on it to see what the speedo says to the puter.
id think a small engine guy could figgure out how to check/blead breaks.
id clear codes and see if 13 comes back
idk what moter yall got but 2.2/2.5 moters seem to be alittle missy if they dont have champ plugs.
yall notices that oil or breakfluid or something come out of where? like exctly where, we caint read yalls mind and its pritty ez to tell break from oil by feel and smell
when yall hits the horn pad do ya hear any cliks? have ya just put pwoer to the horn to make shur thatit works? yall could just put a push button on the dash for the horn to work
door handle ever think about pulling the door pannel and just lookin to see whats up?

Old 12-03-2009, 04:28 AM
samus_69

I dont have a scanner .... OBD1 scanner you mean?

The hole in the trans where the vehicle speed sensor's gear goes into had fluid leak out when I removed the sensor.

After I tested and reinstalled it the brake fluid was empty and there were no brakes.

How do you clear the codes without a scanner, and will clearing the codes make the car run better until the comp realizes somethings wrong?

right now im getting a throttle body temp sensor problem?

I don't quite understand how having a cheaper brand spark plugs would have any affect on the way the car idles but i have some so ill try.

I didn't really pay attention to the fluid that came out because i was in a crazy rush and i just had to put the car backtogether.

when i hit the horn there's nothing no clicks .. i pulled the horn button on the steering wheel apart and it looked normal.

I havnt really gone further into the horn circuit there must be a relay in the mix under the dash somewhere for the horn??

I pulled the door panel off today and noticed that the inside door handle moves the little mechanism inside the dor a tad further then the outside one resulting in the outside one not working.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:45 AM
circumventor
Banned

I dont have a scanner .... OBD1 scanner you mean?
-like ya cuz obd2 didnt come til 94 on neons and offical on 96 cars

The hole in the trans where the vehicle speed sensor's gear goes into had fluid leak out when I removed the sensor.
-so yall had trns fluid leeking, and yalls is sure? but how did yall test the sencer to see if it was good. i use a drill to spin the gear and read volts betwen the 2 termanals

After I tested and reinstalled it the brake fluid was empty and there were no brakes.
-after tested what? break fluid just dont disapear unless theres a leek and that is ez to find just look for a pudle

How do you clear the codes without a scanner, and will clearing the codes make the car run better until the comp realizes somethings wrong?
-take off neg cabel on battry for like a min and connect. no it dont make the car run better but itll clear codes and if code comes back then the prob is curent. i see allot of guys unplug stuff when screwin around get a crap load of codes and think they got more probs then for real cuz the computer remembers codes even if it aint a prob

right now im getting a throttle body temp sensor problem?
-so see reply above

I don't quite understand how having a cheaper brand spark plugs would have any affect on the way the car idles but i have some so ill try.
-in allot of years owning and fixin these cars every time i get one wiht a goofy idle and find like autolites, i change them to the stock champons and the proble goes away like 80% or so. dont forget the basics like timing compression plug wires in good shape and so on

I didn't really pay attention to the fluid that came out because i was in a crazy rush and i just had to put the car backtogether.
-and yall expect somone to just figure this out?

when i hit the horn there's nothing no clicks .. i pulled the horn button on the steering wheel apart and it looked normal.
-how do yall know what looks normal? if ya use good truble shooting get a elect meter then yall can figgure out what up.

I havnt really gone further into the horn circuit there must be a relay in the mix under the dash somewhere for the horn??
-ya theres a relay. you gotta get a service manual and 99% of yalls probmes can be ansered w.o the net trying to solve them 4 yall

I pulled the door panel off today and noticed that the inside door handle moves the little mechanism inside the dor a tad further then the outside one resulting in the outside one not working.
-now yall gotta figgure out how to fix it. yall said ya fixem lawnmowers so i suppose yall can make some adj to fix it.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:27 PM
samus_69

I just want to know why the brake fluid is in that part of the transmission.... and if its not brake fluid why were my brakes toast after I removed the sensor and replaced it. ??

Old 12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
circumventor
Banned

it aint maybe yall broke a rusty break line when fuging around with the speedo, maybe it was already low and yall didnt see that or maybe yall blew a cilinder or a hose or a master or something and just didnt see it but there aint no conection from brakes to trans at all. and somtimes stuff just happens that aint related at all. like i put a sterio in a guys car and the next day he comes and says his breaks is grinding and thinks i did it.

Quick Reply: I seriously NEED your help boys