Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Can I convert a 2.5 Turbo Engine to being Non Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:35 PM
jstrosnider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I convert a 2.5 Turbo Engine to being Non Turbo

Hi guys I'm new to this site and I'm primarily a diesel engine guy. I have recently acquired a free 88 Daytona with a 2.5 Turbo engine to build into a UCAR circle track car. My question is what do I need to do to remove the turbo and turn this engine into a non turboed 2.5L. Our rules do not allow us to run a turbo therefor it has to go. Do the 2.5 turbo engines run a higher compression ratio than the non turboed engines?? I know by removing the turbo I am extremely altering the air intake of the engine. If this were a diesel I would know what to do but gassers are a little different as in the react differently. Can anyone help me on this please. All help is greatly appreciated and I am also trying to accomplish this as a low budget project if possible. Thanks..

Just some FYI for everyone I am Brand Loyal guy so when I was able to acquire the Daytona I jumped right on it. I currently own 2 Dodge diesel 2500 Trucks and 1 Dodge Durango. So I just couldn't picture myself driving anything other than a Dodge, I just wouldn't feel right!!

Quick Reply: Can I convert a 2.5 Turbo Engine to being Non Turbo