Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Another Problem, No Spark, No Fuel, No Start :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 01:27 AM
RHStorm11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Problem, No Spark, No Fuel, No Start :(

I'm still wrestling with my 87 Daytona ( 2.5L - non turbo ), the alternator wasn't charging and after some diagnostic work with a voltmeter and checking the codes determined that the voltage regulator in the Power Module wasn't functioning properly. The Power Mod w/ the faulty volt reg I got from the parts store, so I took it back and swapped it for a new one. I cleaned up the grounds REALLY well on the chassis by the battery tray and also the other 2 that bolt to the cylinder head. Anyways to make a long story short, the car fired right up, went right on to charging @ 13.8-14V, everything was looking good for about a hot 5 minutes and BAM! everything shuts down...I now have no fuel ( pump doesn't "whir" or prime ), I have no spark ( won't fire w/ starting fluid ). Does this sound like the power module I put in crapped out within 5 minutes of use?

I've taken a volt meter to my hall effect pickup sensor, and I get a voltage output signal ( ocillating between 0-5v when the motor cranks, which is correct ) So I know that it is getting voltage and sending the right one back to the LM. However I know that on my Fuel Injector, and Fuel Pump/Coil circuit I get no power. I can hear the ASD relay make 2 clicks when I try to key the car on (or more like clunks), so I don't think its energizing and staying energized.

Would this be a logic module problem? Or does it sound like I'm 0-2 with these POS aftermarket power modules? Is there a way to jump the ASD circuit to check to see if that is the problem. The only thing I can think of is to check for voltage on the ASD control circuits to see if its energizing the relay and passing through to the feed and then check ground wires for a solid connection ( I believe the feed for the ASD relay is the Blue/Yellow(tracer) and the Ground is the Black/Lt Blue - but any confirmation on that would be nice).

Any Help would be appreciated...I also pulled the diagnostic codes and all I get is a 26 ( Fuel Injector Circut Open or Shorted ) which would make sense if it wasn't getting any power, but i don't think thats where my problem resides.

This is the last piece to this Daytona puzzle, I've been chasing the problem ghosts for a while, and I just really want to drive it

Thanks!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
RHStorm11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just For anyone's information if they look at this, I thought I'd update it. It turned out to be the power module ( again...ugh ). I Went the next day to a Boneyard and got one out of a 87 Aires, hooked it up and BAM! everything came back to life and all signs/signals look good. A word of warning, watch out for the Aftermarket modules from autoparts stores, my Daytona ate 2 of em before I grabbed an OEM one from the boneyard which worked first try.

Quick Reply: Another Problem, No Spark, No Fuel, No Start :(