Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

New guy Turbo problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 PM
sandor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy Turbo problem?

Hey guys thanks for having me. My ride is 91 daytona shelby 2.5 turbo auto. Picked this car up up in sept and just got the car out monday. It was sitting for a year so i had to do a little work to it, the usual, brakes, fluids, plugs, etc... The car seems to be running fine, but the turbo doesn't seem to be spooling up. I had a turbo lebaron 2.2 years ago and as i recall it had nice thrust once the lag was gone. So i expected the same thrust even more because the torque is suppose to be higher on this model 210/2500 i believe. I can hear the turbo and when i step on the gas there isn't that turbo thrust but the im getting about 7.5psi on the gauge which is what im guessing is the norm for the stock 2.5 turbo. The exhaust is fine and i replaced the muffler. Not a free flow but stock to this car. Checked the air filter its fine the hoses for leaks, but found nothing.Could it be the fuel filter,fuel pump,or cat?Thanks Alex

Old 10-22-2010, 06:57 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the Daytona section,
FF

Old 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM
slidewithstyle

It depends on how much you drove it or for that matter how hard you were driving but i would check the plugs if the loss of power is due to lack of fuel it will detonate and vice versa if there is to much the plugs will be wet.

Hope this helps
Austin

Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
sandor
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by slidewithstyle
It depends on how much you drove it or for that matter how hard you were driving but i would check the plugs if the loss of power is due to lack of fuel it will detonate and vice versa if there is to much the plugs will be wet.

Hope this helps
Austin
Thanks i will check it that out

Quick Reply: New guy Turbo problem?