Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

oxygen sensor wiring

Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 AM
netkenbar1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oxygen sensor wiring

Greetings, fellow Daytona lovers. With your help, I'm gonna' have an awesome ride, I hope. I am now trying (for weeks) to correctly reconnect my oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor has been removed, and for some reason not replaced. The sensor I bought has only one side of the connecting plug. The wires leading from this plug do not match, in color, the loose wires which should be connected to the other half of the plug, which is missing.

Can anyone, please, please, please tell me, if the oxygen sensor was connected (about 8" from the oxygen sensor) how the wires (colors) on each side of the connecting plug would marry? The wires leading from the half-plug that lead to the sensor, do not match, in color the loose wires that will need to go into the other half of the plug, which is missing. I need to know how the colored wires must join. Thanks, again, for all your help.
1990 Daytona, 3.0L, auto trans.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:05 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you don't have the plug, you would be best off to get the harness side connector so it plugs in properly and you don't run the risk of an error in wiring. Also, I'd be more worried abou the transmission problems before worrying about an oxygen sensor.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:29 AM
netkenbar1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, so much, for your reply. I'm looking into tranny problems now. Other than slipping into limp-mode, the car has not exhibited any actual trans. probs. maybe its telling me to look now, before I do???

The oxygen sensor has been troubling me for awhile now and its aggravating me. Anyhow, thanks, again. K

Old 02-18-2011, 06:10 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be way more aggravated by a transmission not shifting properly. The oxygen sensor will only affect gas mileage and if you unplug it mileage isn't that far off from wheen it's connected. (I had a shadow with a bad 02 so I unplugged it and my mileage was 25mpg. When I finally got around to putting a new sensor in, mileage was back to 28. When it went bad, I was down to 14mpg.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oxygen sensor wiring