Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

93 Daytona Message Center

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:21 PM
colton471
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Daytona Message Center

I am restoring my 93 Iroc and the message center isn't functioning correctly. I have replaced the BCM thinking that it was bad.

The message center still doesn't display 'door ajar' or low wash fluid, but currently shows liftgate ajar. Interior lights come on when any one door is opened as well as the liftgate.

Not real familiar with this system. Are there any other sensors or switches that I need to look for to make this function correctly?

Thanks, for any help you all can offer.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:02 AM
colton471
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found some help else where and thought that I might share info here if anyone should run into the same situation.

Gently pry the message panel out, minding the retaining clips.
remove the bulbs from the indicator assembly.
Carefully pry up the contact wires on the bulb housing.
Take aluminum foil and create a pad, or patch.
( I created a half cylinder of foil to fit around the contact wire.)
Press the bulb contact back onto bulb housing.
Reinsert bulb into assembly
test
button up

It would appear that the bulb contacts over time loose connection with the printed circuit on the message center assembly panel. Using the foil creates a new surface to add pressure between the bulb contacts and the printed circuit ensuring the proper contact thus allowing for function.

Works great, at least for me, and didn't cost anything but time, as I robbed the foil from the kitchen cabinet.

Last edited by colton471; 03-16-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Quick Reply: 93 Daytona Message Center