Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Daytona rear wheel drive project ? ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Supershafts
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona rear wheel drive project ? ? ? ?

Ok i didn't do a search, and im aware of the old kits for putting a sb into a daytona and adding a 8.75...

I have decided that if i was to put a sb in the Daytona that either i have to perform major firewall surgery or get a body man to redo the front fenders to shove the front suspension forward to get the best motor to front wheel centerline weight instal....

So a better solution came up, or so far it seems a better solution....

Keep the 3.0 and look to add the 3.0 mit DOC head or just put the entire 3.0 mit DOC in and of course adding a turbo down stream in the exhaust rather then off the manifold/header

Now with the doc head 3.0 i am going to put the motor in the RIGHT way... and im figuring so far that a rear suspension cradle from a supra or dodge conquest/starion would fit the cars width, and rather than add a 8.75 and links instal the complete rear suspension cradle from the supra, i think the supra might be better since no one is playing with axles for the conquest/starion..

Now i didn't search this on the site, but has anyone done this already ? has anyone already found that say another rear suspension cradle works better than what im figuring already ?

Any thoughts or facts please let me hear/read them.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:57 PM
ShelbyZ

This my 87 shelby Z its a 2.4 turbo 904 8.75.

Attached Thumbnails Daytona rear wheel drive project ? ? ? ?-shelbyz2.4.jpg   Daytona rear wheel drive project ? ? ? ?-003.jpg   Daytona rear wheel drive project ? ? ? ?-005.jpg  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Supershafts
Rookie

Nice, i haven't been on in a bit too long.

Did you push the firewall back at all or just hang it within the area already available up front.
when you made room for the trans were you able to keep or retain the factory look inside ?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:24 PM
exline
Rookie

I have a 5.7 hemi in my 92 Daytona, with a 6 speed. its been RWD since 1999.
and it still gets hammered on!
I have pictures up on my web site if you need parts or info. www.exlinecustomauto.com

Quick Reply: Daytona rear wheel drive project ? ? ? ?