Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

How to remove a turbo from a daytona?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 PM
inuchan187
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to remove a turbo from a daytona?

I am getting parts together for a cheap rear mounted twin turbo system on a v6. The stock TE04H from a daytona or similar is what I plan to use.

Does anyone have decent pictures of the turbo location and what i will have to remove to get it out? Would it be easier to remove the exhaust manifold and turbo as one piece?

From what i have read the wastegate is set to 7 psi. That will be fine to get the project together, but final boost will be 10-15 psi. can the stock wastegate be modified or will I have to remove it and run external wastegates?

Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Unbolt (or break off) the bolts at the downpipe. Remove the turbo lines. Take the whole head off with everything attached. Back in the day, we pulled the head in 20 minutes. Fighting that turbo ON the car is a pain.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:45 AM
inuchan187
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it would be much easier to get the turbo off the manifold after i got it out of the car. Hopefully the bolts don't break in the turbo housing.

Will the stock wastegate work by just hooking up a tube to the manifold? I read that it is partially controlled by the computer. I would prefer to use the internal wastegates and a manual boost controller if possible.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by inuchan187
I figured it would be much easier to get the turbo off the manifold after i got it out of the car. Hopefully the bolts don't break in the turbo housing.

Will the stock wastegate work by just hooking up a tube to the manifold? I read that it is partially controlled by the computer. I would prefer to use the internal wastegates and a manual boost controller if possible.
They used solenoid vac valves controlled by the PCM. It was a mess...lol.

Quick Reply: How to remove a turbo from a daytona?