Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

I got 3 small problems....Dont know ahst to do. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 07:26 AM
DARKSUN
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I got 3 small problems....Dont know ahst to do. HELP!!!

I have recently noticed my Rear Trunk light and Reverse Light does not work... I changed the bulbs, but no light. ow else can i check to see whats wrong.

Also i notice the my healight stays on now and does not go down anymore. Do you thin its my relay? I asked and many people say its the switch. Whst switch is it?

I have been looking for a Hanes manual for days now.....no good. there are 89 and earloer daytona books, but no info at all on 1990 daytona with 3.0L?

HELP!!!

Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I got 3 small problems....Dont know ahst to do. HELP!!!

You may want to look for a Chilton's manual as well for your Daytona. A majority of the components/systems are the same in the older Daytona's. Media Play or any book store should be able to order any books/manuals that you want.

Is your Daytona a 5-spd. or an automatic? Your back up light could be out due to a bad connection in the shifter or the wiring. Make sure you check all the fuses, they are behind the panel that is below the steering wheel, there should be 3 or 4 ***** at the bottom that you have to push in and turn to release. Then just pull the panel off, the upper part is just a few push clips that will pull out.

Your headlight problem could be quite a few different things. It's very possible that it is the light/headlight switch. It could also be an inline fuse/fusible link.

Old 04-28-2004, 03:06 AM
DARKSUN
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help... I will have it checked out at a shop to be sure.... not habving reverse lights is a MAJOR road hazard...especially at a mall....I'd hate to hurt anyone who does not see me backing out...sheesh.

Oh its a 5SPD.

Cheers

SAM

Old 04-28-2004, 05:12 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the feeling well, my Roadrunner has never had backup lights, it has the bulbs but the wiring harness from the tranny for them was MIA before I bought the car.

Quick Reply: I got 3 small problems....Dont know ahst to do. HELP!!!