Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Need Some Insight on the Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 05:49 AM
yarcli52
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Insight on the Project

Alright here's whats happening. I got a 1991 Daytona base model sitting out in the driveway with either a cracked piston or the 2nd blown head gasket. Bottom line is i'm not repairing it and i can't sell it because i love the damn thing so much, so i'm going big with it. When i say big i mean BIG . I have a few questions because i'm just in the brainstorming process, how big of an engine can i even fit in without having to extend the front end. Second what would i be able to do about the uneven weight distribution in the vehicle. I'm completely open to any suggestions because this daytona is gonna be like no other. So please feel free to give me your insight.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:40 PM
89Daytona
Veteran
Default RE: Need Some Insight on the Project

Don't extend the front end, instead you move the firewall back inorder to make room... less cosmetic body work in the long run.
This thread should be of some help:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_336092/tm.htm

exline installed a 360 then swapped that for the 5.7 hemi

Old 02-08-2006, 03:23 AM
dragdak

Can somebody help me get ahold of exline! I need a kit and cant find him. 320-833-9950.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
js87z
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dragdak where in minnesota are you from i am from st cloud didn't think there where many poeple for mn in here

but if you want to get a hold of exline go back a couple of subjects to the subject label v8 he has his email address in there just email him and he should get back tyo you or i still have what he sent me and if you doesn't reply i can send it to you .

i personally am looking into it i am not sure if i am going to have the funding to get it done or not so i am kinda at a stand still at this point.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:12 AM
damageincracing
Professional

I sent exline an e-mail for ya. I plan on doing a rear whell drive conversion on my 85 in a couple years (or sooner) and he sent me a ton of great info. The pictures of his daytona are amazing.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:34 PM
exline
Rookie

ok guys I 'm still here just incase anyone needs my email its exlinecustomauto@frontiernet.net I just got the new hemi bolted in along with the T56 six speed.getting the body for a new paint job . I have gotten a lot of questions about the V8 daytona swap so i'm trying to come up with some plans for everyone but its a slow process ,hard to find the time to do all the drawing and measuring. but I do have a fixture made to make the suspension crossmember.
Here is another picture for anyone who has not seen it yet.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25694/9EBF8255419F4BC9923EDE417E98DE2D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-16-2006, 12:36 AM
damageincracing
Professional

You gotta make sure I'm on that list. I won't be able to do much on my 85 until after my move to North Carolina in June.

Quick Reply: Need Some Insight on the Project