Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Radio switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Cheeze
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio switch?

Howdy all, workin on my Daytona still. Ive gone through just about three radios, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they knew one (or a few) that would fit in the slot given. My father doesnt really feel like making a bigger.. or smaller hole, thus the exact size would be ideal. Thanks for the help.

Cheeze

Old 03-15-2006, 08:00 PM
damageincracing
Professional
Default RE: Radio switch?

I don't know if there is an EXACT fit, but there is a couple of companies that make an installation kit and wiring harness adapters for the Daytona/Laser. One is Metra Autoworks, and i can't remember the name of the other one but I think it starts with "sch" something. A lot of auto parts stores that sell aftermarket radios have the install kits as well. I've used the same one in my Laser for years (it's seen 5 differant radios/tapedecks/cd players).

Old 03-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Cheeze

Thanks, I'll see how/if itll work out. Thanks again.

Cheeze

Old 05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
drag0n5layer

I put mine in with a kit from wal-mart, and a harness from radio city. It works just fine, but you have to work with it a little to get it to stay put. Plus the wiring harness in the daytonas has no ground. It's external, so I had to rig up a simple little thing to connect it to the stock ground. I put in a Dual head unit and it had a nice install kit with it; made it pretty simple. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Radio switch?