Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Daytona Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 09:30 AM
DaytonaMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Help!

So to start tonight some ****er like sprawled himself all over my front hood and put a dent in it although somewhat smaller it's still noticable and a major **** off! Do you guys think a mallot will fix this???

Secondly the wiring in my car is ****ed galore lol...When my doors open the radio turns off, when i take my key out and come back in the radio resets along with the clock so my whole panel basically doesn't work (gas mileage) etc all those features!

Next the odd time my cars speedometer wont kick in and when I go into a high gear it like sticks and makes a nasty noise!

My ground effects are silver and they have a few scratches any ideas on how I should get them out like types of paint and scratch filler?

Im driving a very nice 89 daytona and it's my first car and if you guys can help at all it would be greatly appreaciated.

Old 05-31-2004, 03:51 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Daytona Help!

A mallet will only work if you have something solid and flat to place on the other side of it or you will just make it pop up instead of dented in. Be very careful in doing it too.

The speedo problem is very very common. Making noise like that sounds like a cable problem.

A silver paint pen will help hide the scratches, but if they're deep it will only lessen their noticeability.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:26 AM
DaytonaMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lucked out and basically may get the dents out for free!

Hopefully the cable is an easy fix, as I think my trannys going (my fault) see last night in my auto I was going from neutral to drive and now it's slipping, but when I reveed the engine it didnt slip later on I just pray she stays with me.

Old 06-01-2004, 04:58 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if yours is cable operated or if it uses an electric sending unit and wiring instead. You'll just need to get under there and see which it is.

Quick Reply: Daytona Help!