Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Rad fan

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 05:04 PM
xraymankb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rad fan

Hey all, got a question about the fan coming on. person who I bought car from had it straight wired to a hot lead on a relay and I want to put it back the way it was suppose to be and work. any help, diagrams I can follow. thanks.

Old 07-03-2004, 10:24 PM
js87z
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rad fan

i would proubly leave that way it will keep the engine temp down. which is better for the car.

Old 07-04-2004, 04:00 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mention a relay, is it hooked up to a switch, hooked up to something else and goes off when the car is shut off or do you have to pop the hood and disconnect it all the time?

Old 07-04-2004, 09:06 PM
xraymankb

Well, it is the relay next to the diagnostic connection. it, I beleive, is the hot lead going to the fan on the Radiator. It turns off when the key is off, only on when key is on.

Finally got the motor to run today and took it for a spin. although, the transmission onlly shifts fun from park to drive, kinda shutters then levels out, runs fine down the road, shifts good. it is leaking at the back on a plate, not sure why, didn't untill we put motor in. any help would be great.

Now, any idea why the headlights won't come up. they light, but both of the lights won't power up and open. I do know the front was off for painting. should there be a separate hook up for the motors. surely both would not go bad at once.
Any Ideas where to look. it is a 89 Daytona.
it runs good once we figured we were 180 degrees out on the timing. started right up.

Thanks for any help.

Old 07-06-2004, 04:29 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

The headlight problem sounds like a bad connection, check all the plugs. I'll see if I can't find a few electrical diagrams for both the fan and the headlight motors and then PM them to you.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:53 AM
xraymankb

RoadRunner,
It was the connection, sprayed some cleaner on connections and plugged in, they opened right up. thanks again for being a great resource.and helping.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:51 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I'm glad to hear that it was a free fix for them at least.[sm=smiley20.gif]Sometimes it turns out to be the simplest things. Glad to be of help.[sm=smiley4.gif]