Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Post your rides here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:52 AM
irocelectric93
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Post your rides here!!!!!

93 iroc daytona...electric blue. 5 speed car with 3.77 final drive. Underdrive pulley, advanced timing, ported 52mm throttle body and upper plenum, magnacore wires and msd coil, Cai. I have eibachs i still need to put on it. All i have to say is....holy crap. drgnkpr...your engine is insane....why aren't you on turbododge? You should boost that thing....you have so much time in it already. The computer thing would solve alot of problems for me and my boost project. Are you cams regrinds? Flowbench those heads and let me know how much cfm they flow....im interested. oh and WOW 120 in 3rd is amazing....thats all i have to say. I only hold my 3rd till about 80 or 90. Nice work im jealous.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:59 AM
irocelectric93

It might help to also say that my iroc has a 3.0 v6

Old 03-30-2007, 06:06 AM
Ondonti
Default RE: Daytona owners lets pull together.

ORIGINAL: drgnkpr17201

i have a 1991 es 3.0 v6 5speed now were should i start huh lets see i have ported out the intake and exhaust manifolds, shaved the block and the heads, bored 30 over, titanium pistons, cams, crank, specil titaniam crank and cam bearin packs, bigger cams courtesy of friends in maching shops, no timing belts changes to chain with titnium pullies, stage 2 fuel man. system (fuel rail custom built. and stage 2 bosch fuel injectors with stage 3 foger nozzles), alluminum fly wheel, custom oil pan (well stock pan but with a honey comb inside to cut done on oil slosh) stage 2 msd modified computers all around, bosch plat 4 spark plugs, 3 1/4 inch pipe the hole way back to a magnaflow muffler, high performance oil pump and water pump, heads are port and polished, custom titanium oversized valves, (it helps to have friends with access), stage 3 racing gears in the tranny, stage 4 clutch, custom titanium axles (the only thing i could get that i have yet to break), custom home built hood scoop, and there is much more, i do not know wat the 1/4 time is yet cause i have not had a chance to run the strip yet but i will tell you that 3rd gear i can do 120 before hitting the red line but when i run the strip ill put the times on here

[IMG]local://upfiles/43022/52079BC91AE340D49925E95F03AF8D1B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43022/01FC4801E5B749CC82A933894C7F77C3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43022/E8509B86DA3443C898E235CDDF7D43AD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43022/E6CF201B7A934440AAEC123A9F363D34.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43022/F28980243C744EE886C700C20524E155.jpg[/IMG]
This is seriously one of the most disgusting lies I have ever heard on a dodge board.

What you have in those pictures is a 3.0L with intake and exhaust. I can prove just from your pictures that you dont have most of those mods....AND the mods I cant prove from the pictures, I can prove because they DONT EXIST. stage 3 gears?? lol no such thing for a a543 a523 a568 etc transmission. LOL.

120mph in 3rd gear lol. MSD CAN NOT DEFEAT THE STOCK REV LIMITER SINCE IT IS FUEL BASED.
120mph in 3rd gear...also not possible since that would be about 8000 rpms and the 3.0 lifters cant manage that. With all your made up modifications you forgot to mention custom lifters.

Platinum spark plugs and nitrous!!! lol I can tell from the pictures there is no nitrous anyways and nobody would be stupid enough to use platnum plugs in the presense of nitrous.

Makes me feel sick inside that someone who claims to have a 3.0 is such a disgusting liar.

Ive got pictures of every mod Ive got and if you wanted to prove you are not a liar Im sure I can line up some $$$ races. beware. While I do not have all these fake non existent 3.0 modifications that you mentioned, I have real mods and a turbo the size of your head. Real people have seen it and Ive got pictures and even VIDEO of the car running lol.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
irocelectric93
Default RE: Daytona owners lets pull together.

I guess is might help if i read everything before hand....stage 3 gears....wow im an idiot for buying that post for even a second.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Ondonti

ORIGINAL: puhekracing

Lets see how many die hard proud daytona people we have. Post your info on your car and whatyou have done, lets share ideas and see what we can come up with as a group.My father and I are racing a 92 daytona es with the 3.0 6g72 engine sohc. We put some viper gts blue paintwith a deep dark black on the groung effects. What we have done to the motor, MSD blaster 3 coil, MSD 8.5 mm plug wires, champion 3405 plugs or ngk v- power plugs. nitrous wet system injected before the throttle body, we started with the 35hp pill and have ran the 100 hp pill. We went from 1.04:1 gear set to a 1.22:1 gears. We are running V-P racing fuel of 109. With this set up we have ran a best time of 15.05 in the 1/4, 90.38 mph 60 ft 2.131 speed 60 ft. 74.83. We have sence then purchased the underdrive pully and a 52mm throttle body, and a stall converter from ptc. We also have a 87 daytona shelby with the 2.2 ltr turbo 2. List your rides so we can keep the daytonas alive.Im goingto give a shout out to ourracing buddy a.k.a. its aSRT-4 not a neon. LOL P.S. the 15.05 1/4 time was mine not daddys na nana na na na
Do you realise how rediculous your post sounds.
15.05 is a 3.0 "bolt on" time. I guess its funny to me that you pretend to run some expensive VP race gas and a 100 shot and then only claim 15.05@90mph. There is absolutly NO nitrous on your car if you are runnign those times and trapping only 90mph. How in the world do you cut a 2.1 60' and then screw everything else up sooooo bad??

Old 03-31-2007, 01:38 AM
puhekracing

Its called the rev-limiter im sure you have herd of it. We have the nitrous on at WOT.We also have aarming switch for on and off. On that run i was on and off that switch to keep it out of the rev-limiter so it would shiftI will be sure to get the time slip pic posted on hear. The only adjustment we have found to help with the rev-limiter is the shift linkage moving it back and forth.You want to see it go to Bradenton motor sports park in FL.on 4-13,14,&15 theres a nice event, it will be there. Sence you obviously know all how do you get rid of the rev-limiter? Also im sure you knowthe timing retards to factoryafter a few secondsaboveI believe it is somewhere around 2500rpm so after the burn out who wants to shut the car off to reset it.In your first post you where mistaken the pics are not of this motor it was a different fellow that seems to know the answer to the rev-limiter but cant give any facts. MY MONEY IS WHERE MY MOUTH IS you want to see pics of the nitrous hook ups also no prob.How about posting the specs on your ride with your mods and times. This is the first time with nitrous for us tell me why not to use platnum plugs?? Thats why we have forums to debate and learn right. Give me some info andI will provide facts of what I have said. Thanks TJ

Old 03-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Ondonti

Its called the rev-limiter im sure you have herd of it. We have the nitrous on at WOT.We also have aarming switch for on and off. On that run i was on and off that switch to keep it out of the rev-limiter so it would shiftI will be sure to get the time slip pic posted on hear. The only adjustment we have found to help with the rev-limiter is the shift linkage moving it back and forth.You want to see it go to Bradenton motor sports park in FL.on 4-13,14,&15 theres a nice event, it will be there. Sence you obviously know all how do you get rid of the rev-limiter? Also im sure you knowthe timing retards to factoryafter a few secondsaboveI believe it is somewhere around 2500rpm so after the burn out who wants to shut the car off to reset it.In your first post you where mistaken the pics are not of this motor it was a different fellow that seems to know the answer to the rev-limiter but cant give any facts. MY MONEY IS WHERE MY MOUTH IS you want to see pics of the nitrous hook ups also no prob.How about posting the specs on your ride with your mods and times. This is the first time with nitrous for us tell me why not to use platnum plugs?? Thats why we have forums to debate and learn right. Give me some info andI will provide facts of what I have said. Thanks TJ
Did you notice that I replied to each post differently?
Thats because you are not the same person. I am quite aware of that.

My issue is that your car is laughably slow to claim you are running a 100 shot. 15.05@90mph is a Bolt on 3.0 time. 14's are bolt on times. I did not offer a solution to any rev limiter issues. My spirit is a 14.8@92 car n/a with no headwork or cams. My friends 3.0 P-body dropped down to 14.2@97 with a little weight reduction and port matching. I dont understand how your car can be so slow. When I had an auto 3.0 it hit 15.48@88 with nothing but exhaust and 52mm tb + intake. I would be really pissed if a 100 shot only gained me 2mph (about 10hp at that level). Your car should run 15.05@90mph with ZERO nitrous if you are getting 2.1 60's
Go ahead and post pictures of your "setup". You might want to invest in a manual valve body so you can control the gear shifts for your uber fast car with 3 speed. Oh...computer timing retard is NOT a serious power loss issue...just something people complain about when they dont know why their car is slow. Also, you are not burning out for 15 seconds @ WOT lol so lets not pretend the computer is retarding timing on your automatic transmission computer. You have to wait about 15 seconds or whatever the delay is ........and just so you know a manual computer retards timing instantly....and a manual computer is slightly faster at the track in the same 5 speed car then the auto computer that doesnt retard timing initially. So lets just drop this "timing retard" issue killing hp. If you were peddling the gas all the way down the track then your computer NEVER retarded timing anyways. Im not sure where you come up with this stuff.

Like I said, the turbo on my "fun" 3.0 is as big as that "other" dudes head. I know you wanted to call BS, sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Ondonti

repost

Old 04-01-2007, 01:25 AM
puhekracing

WellI never saidI didnt believe you on the turbo,I think its great. Im not sure what pill we had in for the 15.05 run. When the nitrous kicks in it throws the rpms through the roof and its hard to keep it out of the rev-limiter. The timing thing is somethingI readI didnt know how much it would affect the run. We have tried finding a valve body, shift kit, orflow diagramfor the trans, we have a buddy that does auto trans for a living and he cant find anything either. If you have any info on that I would appreciate that. This is new to me so all im going on is experence which isnt a whole lot. In a couple weeks we will see what happens with the 52mm tb, underdrive pully and stall converter. Do you have any ideas on the computer on these? What do you think about making it carburetored?

Old 04-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Ondonti

WellI never saidI didnt believe you on the turbo,I think its great. Im not sure what pill we had in for the 15.05 run. When the nitrous kicks in it throws the rpms through the roof and its hard to keep it out of the rev-limiter. The timing thing is somethingI readI didnt know how much it would affect the run. We have tried finding a valve body, shift kit, orflow diagramfor the trans, we have a buddy that does auto trans for a living and he cant find anything either. If you have any info on that I would appreciate that. This is new to me so all im going on is experence which isnt a whole lot. In a couple weeks we will see what happens with the 52mm tb, underdrive pully and stall converter. Do you have any ideas on the computer on these? What do you think about making it carburetored?
A few people are working with a turbododge vendor to get the ECU hacked.

The 3 speed trans is internally identical to turbodoge 3 speed transmissions so you really have no excuse to not find all the tranny parts you need. That transmission was running 8.05@180mph in one ar last year on the 1/4.
Here is an example of a built a413... The only difference with your a670 is the bell housing. I dont know where to buy individual parts but Im sure these people can help.
http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/...;ProductID=896

Your story just sounds very goofy as people have used the exact same transmission and converter and run 12's in their turbo 4 cylinders. It doesnt make any sense that your transmission isnt shifting.

Quick Reply: Post your rides here!!!!!