Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Sound stop working in Vista?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sound stop working in Vista?

I thought someone else had posted an issue where sound on their Vista machine would quit once in a while. Here is your fix. I had the issue at work and finally got fed up with it. I have the hotfix for x86 Vista Business version or you can submit a request for a copy from MS.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930883/en-us

Old 10-26-2007, 03:25 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sound stop working in Vista?

I get the sound of a cash register once in a while, it may be something that "Ad Aware" is not picking up.......I need to download Spybot.

Dusty

Old 10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

On my gf's PC with Vista Home Premium I've noticed that the sound gets "choppy" from time to time. Its like what happens on some really old PC's when your playing music and then start doing other things and its too much for the CPU to handle so it slows down. I know its not because her computer doesnt have enough power, plus, the hardware is working properly (as far as I can tell) and the drivers are up to date so I cant figure out whats going on. Is this what you were experiencing or was your sound totally cutting out for no reason?

Old 11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

sweet, i posted that prob once, along with a buch of other ones..... i even switched back to my old computer, ill swicth back and try this. Thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

On my gf's PC with Vista Home Premium I've noticed that the sound gets "choppy" from time to time. Its like what happens on some really old PC's when your playing music and then start doing other things and its too much for the CPU to handle so it slows down. I know its not because her computer doesnt have enough power, plus, the hardware is working properly (as far as I can tell) and the drivers are up to date so I cant figure out whats going on. Is this what you were experiencing or was your sound totally cutting out for no reason?
No the sound just completly quits until you reboot.

Quick Reply: Sound stop working in Vista?