Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

how to make XP 10% faster

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default how to make XP 10% faster

http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...nce-gains.html

surely Microsoft has not known for a long time how to make WindowsXP 10% faster...at the same time they are trying to get us to buy Vista which is 40% slower....they would not do that, would they?

Old 11-24-2007, 11:02 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: how to make XP 10% faster

nice info. would they ? you bet.

if its true that microsoft released an operating system revision that is faster than its predecessor, it would be an "accident" as their corporate culture is to never do that. their culture is to increasingly "bloat" the o/s with junk that belongs in the application layer, not the o/s layer. they do this intentionally to gobble up the ever increasing cpu capacity to further promote the upgrade cycle. they do this not for the benefit of intel or dell, but for their own greedy need to sell a new copy of windows with each new pc. its truely nothing but greed greed greed.

again, if its true, i can assure they they will very soon begin issuing so called "high priority security patches" designed to intentionally erode away any speed increases. why ? greed. they want to sell vista and new versions of all their applications and because they make no money on xp upgrades.

do i sound pissed ? yes. why ? because its my job to manage a large environment of computers, and i am ever appalled at the amount of time and money that is wasted with useless, and never ending upgrades to an o/s that won't even behave like an o/s should, and instead drives you to buy new computers (and new copies of the o/s) instead of maintaining existing equipment.

edit.. added this. a discussion of the upgrade cycle.
http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/09...keth-away.html

Old 11-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Burnnout
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not downloaded an upgrade to xp since I bought my new computer........ it seemed like all they ever did was cause problems with my old system.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:25 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i basically stopped downloading stuff after SP2, just couldnt be bothered with the hassel of it, seems like its a good thing i stopped

Quick Reply: how to make XP 10% faster