Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Please help before I destroy my puters (DVD related)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help before I destroy my puters (DVD related)

[/align]
[blockquote]
[blockquote]Ok, im trying to do something VERY simple. I have some old home movies that were taken from 8mm and put onto a DVD my parents gave me a few years back. Now, im trying to play the dang DVD on my computer so I can take some screen shots off of it. Problem is, on my notebook the damn DVD just clicks a bunch of times and wont play. So, i boot up the old puter w/ windows 98. It freezes like 3 seconds into the dvd on the compaq dvd player. i have tried downloading many players with no success. someone please help before i let loose a few rounds of 00buck in the general direction of my computer desk. thanks
flaming

btw, yes its 4am here and YES im still up, been fighting with this issue for hours now
ahh, further progress, the old POS played about 10 seconds from somewhere int he middle of the movie with some X Player i downloaded. does CTRL Printscreen not work on 98???? im soooooo frustrated right now, im sorry to sound so pissed off. im taking some medicine and going to sleep, maybe a new day will help tackle the problem. besides, the sun is coming up in a couple hours and i wanted to go hiking tomorrow. BAH [:@][:@][/blockquote][/blockquote]

Quick Reply: Please help before I destroy my puters (DVD related)