Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Welcome Tint Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 05:08 PM
bottomsup6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome Tint Kits!!

I am a part-time window tinter, extra cash, been doing it for about 10+ years now. i have done neons before, the driver and passenger doors are easy! You may want to have someone put the back window film on instead of yourself. one piece back windows are a difficult feat to acertain, i've been doing this for over 10 years and it's still a pain in the a** to do a back window, on most cars, in a single piece. Unless the film comes pre-shrunk, you see that is how window tinters do a one piece back window that melt/shrink the tint with a heat gun to contour the film(tint).

Old 01-11-2005, 02:53 AM
casper
Legend

I have had tint on my neon's back window, and I use the defroster and have never had a problem.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:19 AM
bottomsup6

Your right Casper, as long as you use decent window film your defroster will not have any affect on the tint itself. The problem is if you use a cheaper brand of film you will start to see the infamous bubbling as the adhesive on the tint separates from the window. My advise, use professional grade window film for your back window, it will payout on apperience in the long run. Personally i use IPWF, Llumar and Johnson and haven't had a back window bubble after time yet.

koury

Quick Reply: Welcome Tint Kits!!