Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

email notification changes

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 02:00 AM
flw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default email notification changes

It started yesterday (12-29-04) or the day before(12-28-04) that I've been getting email out of "subscribed forums" with the email notification option suddenly turned "on". Prior to this I was not subscribed to any forum notification but I could be wrong, but the email notification being turned on is hard not to notice. I went from no notifications to getting 20 to 30 a day (top of my head guess).

Since I know I have not been on the forums in at least a week or two, something changed my account settings. I've since reset them and hopefully I'm the only person this has happened to. The websites admin(s) would only know if something has changed that would account for this type of account behavior (i.e change in versions, service packs, etc...). If not, its a clear sign my account at least is compromised or worse the board is compromised.

So my question to the rest of you hanging in during the holidays, anyone notice any unusual activity in thier account settings or messages that they had nothing to do with?

Old 12-31-2004, 04:12 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: email notification changes

So my question to the rest of you hanging in during the holidays, anyone notice any unusual activity in thier account settings or messages that they had nothing to do with?
Quite a few of us have been recieving random PM's from unknown people that were sent to the wrong location. About your "Subscription". You can de-activate this option in your "My Profile" link above at the top of the page. Or if that doesn't work, you could always block the subscription notice emails to discontinue them.

-Matt-

Old 12-31-2004, 04:14 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: email notification changes

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

You can de-activate this option in your "My Profile" link above at the top of the page.

-Matt-
That's what I had to do when I starting them a few weeks ago........

Quick Reply: email notification changes