Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

print screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:08 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default print screen

ok, so i found the thread on how to do it. it was well put together. thank you devilsreject. but i have a question about it... is it possible to get a print screen from before? does the print screen button basically copy the view of your screen and thats it and doesnt save? i would like to know if it saves to a folder. if it does, which folder. i ahve hit print screen a few times and would like to know how i can go back a few times to recover that view. thanks!!

Old 04-26-2008, 02:27 PM
grumpyoldman
Default RE: print screen

I'm almost positive that there is no way to get back old "printscreens" from the past. They might be stored in a temp folder somewhere under your user name in the "Documents and Settings" folder but I doubt it. When you press the Print Scr button it copies the entire desktop and when you press Alt+Print Scr it copies just the current window. If you keep pressing this it'll overwrite the old copy with the new. You can view whats currently stored (print screens) by opening the windows Clipboard. (Open the run box and type CLIPBRD.)

**Just a little warning. I'm no expert in this. I've earned Windows 2000 and XP certs in the past but I probably couldn't pass the tests today to save my life. I don't do this type of work anymore. To the best I can recall, though, all this info should be correct. :-)

Old 04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

haha, no worries dude! lol. next time i print screen, ill do that clipboard thing. thanks for the help man! you answered my question very well

Old 04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Yeah, its just like hitting copy and paste, if you click something else to copy, the other one goes away, lol

Quick Reply: print screen