Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

New Forum System

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
texdak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Forum System

I know someone will complain that I started this thread here, but this is the only place I read/write so here goes.

Can someone please tell me why I am constantly having to RE-log in to do various things. Example: I logged in to read and then post. Went to send a PM and it told me I wasn't allowed to send it because I wasn't logged in. I've tried about six times to add a small pick of my truck to be as my signature pick. Four of those tries it told me the same thing as when I tried to PM. AND, it still doesn't apply it when I post. You can see the pick in my profile, or at least I can, but that is the only place. I also have unchecked not to keep sending me emails when someone has posted a response or not susbcribe to them, but it does that as well.

I'm not really complaining, and I'm not threathing to walkout or quit over pictures or errors. I just want to try and get some help so its not so frustrating. It is a heck of alot better than the old way, albeit a bit harder!!

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

texdak:
If you are running an anti virus suite program or a fire wall software, try looking at the "Cookies" section. I never had that problem here, but on a 4x4 truck specific forum I'm on I had the problem right after installing my security suite software. I had to specifically list that site and check the "allow all session cookies from this site" box to eliminate the problem. I know where you are coming from, I got tired of having to log in every time I tried to receive a pm, post, edit my own post, everything.
Incidentally, right after we went to this new software, my firewall s/w would not allow me to edit my own posts and a couple other features would not function either, didn't have to log in, but I'd click on a button and nothing would happen. Had to add this site under "allow session cookies for this site" box as well and everything started working.
So, like I said, if you're running some kind of security/firewall/anti-virus package, start looking at some cookie settings.
Hope this helps you...

Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 PM
texdak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks eric for moving it in the right place. Also, thanks hammer for the info. BUT, I have done all that you mentioned. I am running a firewall system with my wirelss internet and also running Norton 08'. I have specifically added this site with all cookie sessions, so I don't know what is up. Was running the same set up before the switch over and no problem, other not being able to see certain kinds of photo attachments. Like I said, its just frustrating, but I can live with it. I don't post near as much as most of the others and me not having a pic of my basically 100% stock truck isn't going to make me cry either! I just thought maybe it was user error instead of the system. Once again guys, thanks and I'll keep checking for other inputs.

Quick Reply: New Forum System