Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Battery help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:53 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery help!

I bought my sister a Mac Book Pro and she gave me her 'old' Sony Vaio. The problem I'm having is that no matter how charged the battery is, when I unplug it from the wall, it drops at least 20% battery life instantly. Within minutes it's dropping more so I always need it plugged into the wall. I toggled with the power settings and they are at the battery saving mode. Any suggestions? Do I need a new battery? Should I take it to an IT guy or a local computer store? Thanks.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Nasty Nate
Amateur

Don't bother taking it to anyone unless they will look at it for free. The battery is dead OR connection problem which I doubt. IF you can purchase a battery a "BOX" store ie Best Buy and it doesn't solve your problem you might be able to return it. That is a $100.00 trip to a computer store diagnosis. I accept Paypal. Please send PM for payment!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by HighDuke1911
I bought my sister a Mac Book Pro and she gave me her 'old' Sony Vaio. The problem I'm having is that no matter how charged the battery is, when I unplug it from the wall, it drops at least 20% battery life instantly. Within minutes it's dropping more so I always need it plugged into the wall. I toggled with the power settings and they are at the battery saving mode. Any suggestions? Do I need a new battery? Should I take it to an IT guy or a local computer store? Thanks.
Trying to find a replacement battery for old laptops can be rather annoying, and sometimes expensive. Your best bet is to call around to Best Buy and Sony to see how much it would cost.

Since the power cord is still allowing it to charge, the problem is most definitely the battery. If it's dying like you say, then it is indeed toast..

Quick Reply: Battery help!